Our new Pod squad provides children with their first steps into the world of competitive swimming. It runs as a 10 week block of swimming lessons, including a trial session in the first block offered. The squad trains for an hour between 4pm and 5pm each Sunday afternoon.
Aims and Objectives:
- To teach basic competitive techniques (dives and turns)
- To refine all 4 strokes to a competitive standard (butterfly, back crawl, breaststroke and front crawl)
- To improve stamina and aerobic fitness
- Manager: John Marritt (Level Two Teacher)
- Head coaches: Hollie Wells & Charlotte Elliot-Wright (Level Two Coach)
10 Week Plan
- Week 1: Free trial (Assessed at stage 6 of the NPTS)
- Week 2-7: Teaching of basic techniques
- Week 8-10: Swimming pathway decided
For Subscription Fees: CLICK HERE
What happens at the end of 10 weeks?
Participation in the 10 week block does not guarantee a full time place in the swimming club. However there are three options in place to ensure that swimming can continue.
- If most of the outcomes are achieved, and they are of an age group needed, then your child will be offered a full time place in Louth Swimming Club.
- If some of the outcomes are achieved then we will offer you the option of another block of 10 weeks.
- If your child is not making the progress required to be a competitive swimmer after 2 blocks of 10 weeks, then they could move across to the Meridian’s ‘Squad.’